Common Nighthawks, Alder Flycatcher in Somers

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
      MOB-sters:

      Susannah and I walked from the house over to the boat ramp in Somers tonight, and had 3 FOY Common Nighthawks overhead. We also had a singing Alder Flycatcher in the swamp southeast of the bike trail along the highway between the swim beach and the Somers turnoff.  Over the years, it has not been unusual for an occasional singing Alder to show up in the Flathead in June. They are usually one-day wonders. But I will check for this bird again in the morning.

    • Cheri Seli
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
        FOY Common Nighthawk heard as I gardened last evening. I love these guys, and anxiously wait to hear that nighthawk sound every year.

        Cheri Seli
        8 miles north of Plains