Re: [MOB-Montana] Re: Harlequin Ducks

  • Kristin Olson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2013
      Thanks, Jim.  Sounds like it still might be worth the effort.  I usually get up there earlier than this.
      Kristin Olson
      Somers, MT
      On 6/13/2013 9:20 AM, Jim Rogers wrote:

      Kristin,

      I observed several Harlequin males along McDonald on 5 June between Avalanche and Logan creeks.  I also know that a few more were seen along the lower stretch between the lake and Avalanche.

      However, some of the female Harlequin ducks are now incubating eggs, therefore males will soon- if not already- return to the coast.

      Best to look now, but with some effort, you can usually find a male through June.

      Good luck,

      Jim Rogers

      Polson, Montana

      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Thomas <thomas@...> wrote:

      Kristin,

      We found 1 male below the Avalanche picnic area June 1. Chris, when did you observe the 2 males?

      Thomas Kallmeyer, Missoula