Wilson's Warbler

  • Roger Hogen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
      MOB,
      On the lighter side:
      We had a Wilson's Warbler feeding in a serviceberry bush.  I'm always reminded of Wilson in the movie "Lost" and call out his name, ala Tom Hanks, when I see this little bird.
      We also have Swainson's Thrushes feeding on our drive.  They like something that's falling from the Box Elder trees.
      A Black-headed Grossbeak has been singing his upgraded robin-like song for the last  week or so.
      Two male House Wrens finally arrived and are singing at each other.
      And lastly, Robins have built their nest in the entrance arbor to our front garden so we opened the fence elsewhere for awhile.

      Roger and Kathy Hogen
      The Big Flat
      Missoula
    • Roger Hogen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2013
        MOB
        Please substitute "Cast Away" for "Lost" in previous message.
        Also I've added a photo of the sitting Robin in my photo album.

        Roger and Kathy
        The Big Flat
        Missoula

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8 8:26 AM
          We have a juvenile Wilson's Warbler visiting our yard this morning!! First warbler we've had for sseveral weeks.

          Jeannie Marcure
          s/o Kalispell in Shelter Valley