FOY Common Nighthawk in Missoula

  • jrussell_roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30 4:19 PM
      FYI, I had my FOY CONI in MSO last night, and wanted to share with MOB ASAP.

      :)

      Jeremy Roberts
      Missoula, MT
    • Spartanmt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30 7:15 PM
        nightjar survey has some missoula routes that still need adopting if you're interested - june is the last month: http://www.nightjars.org/

        --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "jrussell_roberts" <jrussell_roberts@...> wrote:

        > FYI, I had my FOY CONI in MSO last night, and wanted to share with MOB ASAP.
        >
        > :)
        >
        > Jeremy Roberts
        > Missoula, MT

      • gavimmer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30 11:49 PM
          I also had a common nighthawk fly over my house at dusk in downtown Bozeman this evening. Also present were singing mountain chickadees, yellow-rumped warblers, swainson's thrushes, and a female western tanager was foraging in my ash tree. The continuing moisture and cool temperatures seem to be keeping these birds in town for a longer period this year. I walked the dogs to Cooper Park earlier in the day and observed a perched male Richardson's merlin vigorously plucking a freshly killed eurasian starling. My walk continued to Bozeman Creek near the library and produced a very vocal gray catbird.
          Vince Slabe
          Bozeman

          On May 30, 2013, at 17:19, "jrussell_roberts" <jrussell_roberts@...> wrote:

          FYI, I had my FOY CONI in MSO last night, and wanted to share with MOB ASAP.

          :)

          Jeremy Roberts
          Missoula, MT

        • Mike Lesnik
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 8:37 PM
            I used to have a lot of these memorized, but figured it might be helpful to others. Note that several have more that one 'official' abbreviation.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Montana

            Mike Lesnik
            LVM VOR 246 radial, 6.7 miles