Broad-winged Hawk

  • Maureen OMara
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2013
      Spotted flying over Sidney this evening - sweet!  On the way home from the walk that produced the Broad-winged siting I was able to count the Turkey Vultures coming in to roost for a high number so far of 19.

      Mo O'Mara
      Sidney

    • Gary Swant
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2013
        I was conducting the annual Raptor Survey for the Upper Clark Fork Valley and found a light adult Broad-winged Hawk on Lake Hill Road, just south of Deer Lodge, sitting on a power pole today. I think a few come through every spring and you just have to be in the right spot at the right time to see one.

        Gary Swant
        Deer Lodge