Re: Baikal Teal this morning

  • Radd Icenoggle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2013
      I am loathe to come down like the proverbial heavy, but I stop several folks over the weekend from trespassing. It is my contention that it is our responsibility to ask our fellow birders to not violate the properties adjacent to public areas. This gives us birders a black eye in the land owner's eyes, and makes it increasingly difficult to obtain permission in the future. We all have been tempted to trespass, sometimes the lure of a bird is too much. So let's all look out for each other.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2013
        Radd et al:

        I was lucky enough to see the bird from the hillside about 200m west of the corner pullout on the Blue Mountain Road this morning at about 7:45.
        Thank you to the woman who tipped us off to this spot. I was able to get several digiscoped shots, and we never flushed the birds. They (the teal, a Mallard and a pair of Wood Ducks) were in the wetland across the ditch where the aspens are the tallest, the nw-most pond section. This can be seen by walkg west along the road, or on a subtle trail through woods along the hill.  There was a House Wren singing there this morning as well.