FOY Gray Flycatcher

  • Steve Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      Hi All
      I last checked for GRFL on 5/3 with no luck. Today, south of Bannack  on 5/7 I found five birds on five different territories. Every territory I check. They are back in mass!!
      Those of of you wanting to add the GRFL to your list, the easiest place to see one is South of Bannack. --- Drive 4.1 (almost 4.2) miles south from the entrance of Bannack State Park to BLM’s Lewis & Clark interpretive sign. Stop at the pull out and look to the west along the fence line. After a short time, if you are quite one should start singing. Best time to see them is from 6am to 10am in the morning.

      Sage Thrashers were having a song fest in the area and were everywhere! Vesper and Brewer’s Sparrows were also out in force.
      A great morning of recording if only I could quite the cows ( a ranch 2 miles south) and airplanes flying over head.
      Steve Sherman
      Dillon