Kalispell swift roost

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 9:10 PM
      MOB-sters:

      Knowing that the Vaux's Swift roosts in OR and WA have been active, I decided to check the old Kalispell jail site this evening after seeing a few near the high school. Sure enough, birds were starting to swarm when I arrived at 8:37 pm. Between 8:54 and 9:06 I estimated that 1,215 birds entered the chimney! The swirling birds were quite a spectacle, and the vast majority of the birds flew into the chimney in just more than 3 minutes.

      I highly recommend this entertaining diversion. Should be nightly for much of this month.