Re: Loggerhead Shrike ponderings

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
      Forrest & MOB,

      It takes quite a bit of Excel slicing & dicing to get the Natural Heritage database into a month/day sortable format. After discarding a bunch of year or month only records it looks like there are two Loggerhead Shrike observations in February [14 and 16] and seven in March [3-15-21-25-27-29 and 30].

      They become regular after 14 April.

      I think your evaluation yesterday that the numerous Northern Shrike we were seeing were passing through from their wintering grounds a couple of states further south was right on the money.

      Mike Lesnik
      Livingston