Freezout Birds Tuesday AM

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 1:42 PM
      All,
      A couple inches of snow yesterday and cold (11 F) this morning.
      About 6,500 white geese today. Perhaps somewhat interesting, I am
      seeing collared Snow Geese that were marked this winter in Washington
      State, north of Seattle.
      A dozen swans were counted.
      Most of the ponds and even portions of the Main Lake were reclaimed by
      ice. This did tend to concentrate waterfowl. At the Neck (point P)
      there was a tight flock of about 400 Ring-billed Gulls, also all three
      merganser species (Common, Hooded and Red-breasted). A little further
      down the Tour Route out from the Dike (Point N) was a hefty
      concentration of more than 1,000 American Wigeons (saw two Eurasian
      Wigeons). I also saw a bit late Rough-legged Hawk.
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT