Freezout P.M.

  • Larry Carter
    Message 1 of 101 , Apr 2, 2013
      MOB, First of all I hope I am not sending this message twice. Checked out Freezout this P.M. Beautiful day it was. First of year birds are--one Cackling Goose with a flock of Snow/Ross's Geese, also a new State bird, 16 Double-cr. Cormorants on Pond 5 at their favorite nesting spot on the large island, 8 Red-br. Mergansers at the Dike, 2 Greater Yellowlegs on the southeast part of Pond 3, 14 Cinnamon Teal on Pond 1, 4 Sandhill Cranes at Priest Butte Lake, and finally 2 Common Mergansers seen on the backside of Freezout. White Pelicans has increased to 56 birds on Pond 1. The Snow/Ross's as What I saw around Freezout around 3,000, Tundra Swans only what I saw at 16. All for now, good birding, Larry Carter Fairfield
    • birder43
      Message 101 of 101 , Nov 22, 2017

        MOB, I checked out Freezout this afternoon.  Saw an estimated 2,000 Snow Geese on Pond 5, several Canada Geese all over the lake, saw 2 Tundra Swans on Pond 4, saw 6 Tree Sparrows at the Dike, saw at least 60 Common Goldeneyes allover the lake, 6 Lesser Scaup on Pond 1, one Common Merganser on Priest Butte Lake. And of course several Mallards all over the lake.  Really warm for this time of year.  All or now, good birding Larry Carter  Fairfield