Freezout P.M.

  • Larry Carter
    Message 1 of 70 , Apr 2, 2013
      MOB, First of all I hope I am not sending this message twice. Checked out Freezout this P.M. Beautiful day it was. First of year birds are--one Cackling Goose with a flock of Snow/Ross's Geese, also a new State bird, 16 Double-cr. Cormorants on Pond 5 at their favorite nesting spot on the large island, 8 Red-br. Mergansers at the Dike, 2 Greater Yellowlegs on the southeast part of Pond 3, 14 Cinnamon Teal on Pond 1, 4 Sandhill Cranes at Priest Butte Lake, and finally 2 Common Mergansers seen on the backside of Freezout. White Pelicans has increased to 56 birds on Pond 1. The Snow/Ross's as What I saw around Freezout around 3,000, Tundra Swans only what I saw at 16. All for now, good birding, Larry Carter Fairfield
    • birder43
      Message 70 of 70 , Jul 7, 2015

        MOB, first birding jaunt for a month.  The normal nesting birds were present.  Shorebirds--not much but did see 3 Greater Yellowleg's the neck and near the Dike as well as 4 Lesser Yellowlegs and 10 Long-billed Dowitchers at the Neck as well.  Other birds worth a note are one Caspian Tern a fly over at Pond 1, one American Bittern at the Dike plus finally 2 Common nighthawk's.  A special note is I saw one of the Nighthawks flying just above Pond 5 with the several Franklin's Gulls.  All for now, good birding Larry Carter Fairfield