Pop Stand Peregrine

  • Steven Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013
      About 1PM Easter Sunday I heard, then watched a peregrine falcon cruise across the cliff face then perch directly across the highway from the Pop Stand, just south of Livingston. It was barely visible with the naked eye, but great views in the bino. I watched the blue-gray adult until my neck gave out. It is my understanding that the location is a historic nesting sight going back decades.
      Steve Hughes
      Livingston
    • Lori
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
        We must have just missed you. We got there about 1 or so and watched for a long time and didn't see anything. Then about 1:30, we saw 2 fly in making a racket and perch. One perched the whole time. The other flew around and snagged a bird. It took the bird up into a dead tree and had some lunch. It was a fantastic experience. Thanks to whoever it was that first spotted these. It's the first time I've ever been able to find something that someone else has spotted!
        Lori Booth
        Bozeman