Re: [MOB-Montana] Tuesdays Birds-Freezout

  • Carlene Farmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013
      wishing those white birds well....

      we have had house finches, both nuthatches, chickadees, a kildeer, mountain bluebirds, a red-winged blackbird, and crossbills coming and going....i got all 11 bluebird boxes cleaned out last week and each are being inspected now by the bluebirds who will use a couple; the wrens, chickadees, and swallows also use them...

      Carlene Farmer
      Clancy, MT

      On 3/26/2013 2:06 PM, Michael Schwitters wrote:

      All.
      Many of yesterday's white geese left for the north in the evening. I
      estimated about 16,000 present at Freezout this morning.
      Swan numbers still good...4,779.
      Pintails are fewer.
      I saw (for the first time) a red-winged Blackbird.
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT