Shields Valley Great Horned Owls and Bald Eagle nest

  • steel_rsd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      MOBsters,
      Perhaps I'm paying closer attention, but I've had several Great Horned Owl sightings that past couple weeks along Hwy 89 from the interstate to Clyde Park. Have been seening them perched on power poles or tops of Cottonwoods at dusk. Was fortunate to find one perched in our back yard last night.

      It appears the Bald Eagle nest at about mile 8.4 (hwy 89) will again be occupied this year. It offered great viewing of the eaglet rearing last year. I'll post on this throughout the spring should anybody want to stop for viewing.

      Scott Dean
      Clyde Park