50-50

  • Beth Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013
      I thought it was too windy to do much walking and birding this morning - gusts were over 40 mph.  I did see we had 15 gulls off Westbank Park - both California and a few Ringbill.  This evening I thought the wind had let up a bit - wrong - but there were even more gulls - 50!  I suppose they just "blew" in.  They were carwheeling through the air in the 50 mph gusts.  Also seen were a grand number of common goldeneye, possibly 40 barrows goldeneye, a dozen redhead, more bufflehead.  They sure had a bumpy ride on the river today.
      Beth Hill
      windy city
      Great Falls