Freezout Sunday AM

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
      all,
      Two species to add the the 2013 Freezout Lake bird list this morning...a
      Eurasian Wigeon and three Tundra Swans. Still 3-400 Snow Geese.
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT
    • Michael Schwitters
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
        All,
        Good numbers of Snow Geese...Perhaps 35,000.
        Swan count was also good...3,035.
        Ducks, mostly Northern Pintails were still surprising strong, no count
        but several carpets of ducks, particularly on Pond 2.
        Sunrise estimate of vehicles enjoying the flyout was about 60...nice to
        have you here.
        Mike Schwitters
        Choteau MT
      • Carolyn Hopper
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2013
          It was awesome!! A great way to spend my birthday! Soul lifting sights -
          Carolyn
        • Steven Hughes
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013
            Happy Birthday Carolyn!
            I can't imagine a better way to spend a Spring Birthday.

            Robins are playing grab-ass, flickers crying out and a pair of trumpeters flew right over my head at Mayors Landing the other day. Joyous Springtime!
            Steve Hughes
            Livingston

            --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Hopper <cowgirl@...> wrote:

            > It was awesome!! A great way to spend my birthday! Soul lifting sights -
            > Carolyn

          • Michael Schwitters
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15
              Howdy MOB,
              Started the day with a soft snowfall that ended by 10:00AM.
              I found 2,636 Canada Geese...all feeding in fields east of the Lake.
              The first gull of the year was found far out in Pond 4 and an immature
              bird so species remained an unknown. The same 10 Tundra Swans continued.
              Mike Schwitters
              Choteau MT