Church Slough: migration happening!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      MOB-sters:

      Following Craig's report from yesterday, I stopped at Church Slough se of Kalispell this evening, and was surprised at how many waterfowl were already there. With the ice 15% gone already, things might happen quickly.  Saw the one Eurasian Wigeon, many Canada Geese, including a few Lessers, and good numbers of Greater Scaup. Pintail and American Wigeon numbers fairly low, but I bet that changes rapidly, as birds were arriving while I watched. My eBird checklist follows.

      Church Slough, Flathead, US-MT
      Mar 1, 2013 4:57 PM - 5:33 PM
      Protocol: Traveling
      1.0 mile(s)
      Comments:     Open water about 15% <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.4.4
      23 species (+1 other taxa)

      Canada Goose  1200
      Canada Goose (parvipes)  15
      Tundra Swan  3