Re: Great-tailed Grackle

  • redcrossbill
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 17, 2013
      I saw him today in a tree to the left of the front entrance to Gallatin Valley Mall at 15:00.

      --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "steel_rsd" <steel_rsd@...> wrote:

      > I understand the Great-tailed Grackle has been seen several times near Gallatin Valley Mall. Anybody know specific time/place to see it?

    • birderdebrasch
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
        The great-tailed grackle was in a pine tree at Taco Bell; Bozeman Mall this morning.
        Debbie Schwartznau
        Huson, MT
      • jparkerll38
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 9, 2014
          That's funny Scott, my wife just got home from work (on College, across from the mall) and told me that she'd seen the grackle early this afternoon.  It was in a willow above the ditch directly across from the Chronicle.

          I've looked around the mall and the Bozeman Ponds, a half dozen times or so, this fall and winter without seeing the grackle.  I know others have looked on occasion, too.  The last time I saw the grackle was May 24, 2013

          John Parker
          Bozeman
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 9, 2014

            Good to know John. Thanks.

            Jeff

            *******************
            Jeff Marks
            4241 SE Liebe Street
            Portland, OR 97206
            503-774-4783
            Birds of Montana Project
            http://mtaudubon.org/
            *******************

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 9, 2014

              I actually didn't see him last year despite several attempts.  Today's sighting was accidental as I noticed him sitting on top of a car as I was leaving the parking lot.  I'm sure more sightings are imminent.  Scott

            • Robin
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 15, 2014

                Hi Mobsters

                When Richard and I began the first of our many checklists for the GBBC today, we were surprised to relocate the Taco Bell Great-tailed Grackle at the MSU Ag Station here in Bozeman .  Apparently he has traded in his French fry diet for a more heart healthy menu of recycled alfalfa!

                His photo can be seen on my Flickr page at https://www.flickr.com/photos/105305796@N08/12552821064/in/photostream/

                Cheers and good birding for the GREAT (GLOBAL) BACKYARD BIRD COUNT!!!

                Robin Wolcott

                Bozeman