Latitude/Longitude Block 39 Overwintering birds

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      MOB,

      The first of three Clark's Nutcrackers along the
      Convict Grade Road on the way to Billings yesterday
      morning filled out the required observations for that
      species. An adult Northern Shrike at Hunters Hot Springs
      left me one short there. Also picked up my first of
      year American Robins about a mile east of the Shields River.

      Today the thicket just upstream of the Sacagawea Park
      footbridge produced two Pink-sided Juncos (no Blue Jays today).
      About twenty Horned Larks were found three eights of a mile
      up the Strickland Creek Road, six or eight Gray Partridge were
      at O'Hairs feedlot near the bunk closest to the Old Yellowstone
      Trail Road, and a single adult Northern Shrike was spotted in
      the Pine Creek community finished out those four for a total of 36
      Big W birds in LL 39.

      With no Pine Siskin sightings since 12 Jan 2013, I think that will be the total for this winter.

      Mike Lesnik
      Livingston