Re: Sacagawea Park footbridge birds

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
      --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, Scott Dean wrote:

      > Scott Dean
      > Clyde Park
      > ________________________________

      You are welcome, Scott. Glad that you found my favorite place in Park County to just sit and watch for movement.

      Did you take some of them home with you? At 1445 yesterday all I saw were the waterfowl and two Blue Jays. Had just come from my second sighting of the day of a Steller's Jay perched high in a tall conifer across US 89 and a couple hundred meters south of the Free River Fishing Access Site.

      Will be looking for your posts from the north end of the county.

      Mike Lesnik
      Livingston
    • Mike Lesnik
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
        MOB,

        15 species during the 1035-1145 time period today topped of by a single Blue Jay (last bird observed) and a Sharp-shinned Hawk flyby. Wood Duck numbers seem to be down a bit, with only ten males counted on a slow drive by.

        Mike Lesnik
        Livingston
      • Mike Lesnik
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
          Debbie & All,

          This area was very quite during my forty five minute (1050-1135) visit yesterday. A couple of chickadees and redpolls. Did have a Rough-legged Hawk (new park bird)chased by a couple of crows flyover to the northwest.

          First Blue Jay showed at 1128 and the second at 1135; at which time I headed south of town to the Livingston Ditch headworks for my weekly American Dipper fix.

          Mike Lesnik
          Livingston