Re: [MOB-Montana] Photos Needed for Montana Field Guide

  • Arla Eckert
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 7:30 PM
      Re: [MOB-Montana] Photos Needed for Montana Field Guide Hi, I also have some of the needed photos but will not have time to dig for them for a few days. Arla Eckert

      On 2/1/13 6:56 PM, "Katie La Salle-Lowery" <katie@...> wrote:

      Hi Bryce,

      I’ve used the Field Guide site as a reference often.  I can contribute a few species’ photos.  However, my uploads are failing.  Is there a file size limit (or preferred size)?

      Are you really looking for winter wren, or Pacific wren?

      I can upload great egret, Pacific wren (if that’s what you need) and white-winged crossbill.

      Thanks,

      Katie LaSalle-Lowery
      katie@...
      Photo gallery:   http://www.bigskycountry.net <http://www.bigskycountry.net/>
      Framed prints & more:  http://katie-lasallelowery.artistwebsites.com <http://katie-lasallelowery.artistwebsites.com/>
      blog:  http://blog.bigskycountry.net <http://blog.bigskycountry.net/>
      Facebook Business Page:  http://www.facebook.com/BigSkyCountryPhotos

    • Ratz, Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4 1:59 PM
        Re: [MOB-Montana] Photos Needed for Montana Field Guide

        Hi MOB,

        A few of you had problems uploading photos and with Katie’s help I was able to trace the problem to large file sizes.  The default max upload size was around 4MB.  I’ve bumped this limit up and you should be able to upload photos as large as 10MB.

        We don’t really need super high resolution photos since they will be displayed on a website and will be reduced in size to at most 1024x768.  But if you don’t have time to reduce the size, then send what you have and the upload should be able to take it.

        Let me know if you run into any other upload problems.

        Ratz

        Web Projects Manager

        Montana Natural Heritage Program

        dratz@... ¨ MTNHP.org ¨ FieldGuide.mt.gov