Unexpected Owl Today

  • davewillmt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013
      Traveling one of my regular routes today from Ulm along the Smith River and then back around towards Cascade and back home, I found a Northern Pygmy-Owl. This is the first time I have found one not in the mountains, so it was rather unexpected. It let me have a few shots while hunting, but was scared away by a trailer hauling pickup. Posted two shots in my album. I didn't see much else along the way.....a few hawks, no eagles and no small birds. Did find a couple groups of Sharp-tailed Grouse, though.