Mew Gull, Flathead Landfill

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18 1:57 PM
      MOB-sters:

      I met bj Worth at the Flathead County landfill at lunchtime today, and although there were only about 100 gulls visible in the active part of the dump, both he and I were able to get photos of an adult Mew Gull among the Herrings and Ring-billeds.  Though the species is annual in the Flathead, mostly in fall, mid-winter sightings have been rare.  I put a photo in my album.

      On the way to the dump, I saw a single Western Meadowlark on West Valley Road, south of Clark Drive.