FW: eBird Report - Giant Springs State Park, Jan 16, 2013

  • Arla Eckert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2013
      Arla Eckert Great Falls
      ------ Forwarded Message
      From: "do-not-reply@..." <do-not-reply@...>
      Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:55:19 -0500 (EST)
      To: <turtle@...>
      Subject: eBird Report - Giant Springs State Park, Jan 16, 2013

      Giant Springs State Park, Cascade, US-MT
      Jan 16, 2013 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
      Protocol: Traveling
      2.0 mile(s)
      Comments: much warmer out, not too much wind, still lots of snow
      18 species (+1 other taxa)

      Canada Goose X
      Mallard X
      Canvasback X
      Redhead X
      Lesser Scaup X
      Greater/Lesser Scaup X this one group would not put their heads up
      White-winged Scoter 1 it was above the spring area this time, we have
      been seeing this duck this winter
      Long-tailed Duck 2 first time I saw them today they were below GS, then
      when I was walking saw them above the spring area
      Bufflehead X
      Common Goldeneye X
      Barrow's Goldeneye X
      Hooded Merganser X
      Western Grebe 1 this is normal for us, but very interesting the last 2
      winters the river was very low due to dam work and we did not have them, the
      river is at its normal level and we have this 1
      American White Pelican 1 it took a long swim down the river and
      back-hope it got dinner!
      Bald Eagle 2 1 young one and one that was older with black band on
      whitish head
      American Coot X
      Belted Kingfisher 1
      Black-capped Chickadee 4