More on Accipiters

  • Steve Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2013
    I have had my feeders up for 22 years now and go through about 50#s of black oil sunflower seed a month plus peanuts, Niger and suet. This morning I had 15 N. Flickers in the yard at one time on the suet. With all that bird activity Accipiters -mostly Sharpies-are regular visitors. At times they come two and three times a day. Attached is a photo of one of todays visitors. I see many more raptors a year then I do Western Tanagers, Bullock’s Orioles and the migrating Warblers.
    Steve Sherman
    Dillon