Immature Bald Eagle?

  • mtwaggin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hanging out on Lincoln Road East Christmas weekend (haven't seen it since) but wanted to make sure it IS a bald eagle. Thanks to the two gentlemen that helped with my rough legged id and for all your patience explaining what to look for.

      Pics in my album Sherry in Helena (Mtwaggin)

      Thanks all!

      Sherry
    • Sharon Hansen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013

        Looks like an Immature Bald Eagle to me. Check out the beak, the blotchy white spots, and there is no noticeable difference in coloring from the head and body.

        Sharon Dewart-Hansen

        Helena, MT

        cid:image003.jpg@01CDE207.29A65EF0

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
          Thanks Sharon, always second guessing myself on these young ones.

          Sherry (who works at the same place btw)

          --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Hansen wrote:

          > Looks like an Immature Bald Eagle to me. Check out the beak, the blotchy
          > white spots, and there is no noticeable difference in coloring from the head
          > and body.
          >

          > Sharon Dewart-Hansen
          >
          > Helena, MT
          >
          > cid:image003.jpg@...

        • Carlene Farmer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
            not sure what the problem is but there are no photos in your album Sherry?

            as for the bald eagle, i have imitation bald eagle feathers that are shaped from white turkey feathers and air brushed into the correct color and pattern and the immature bald eagle feather has the "blotchy white spots" that Sharon mentions.

            Carlene Farmer
            Clancy