GBBC

  • Chuck Carlson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2007
      How about the thrasher at Eureka,. Has anyone gone there for a count?

      Chuck
    • Jackie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2012
        Well, I was debating whether to do the count b/c this year I haven't fed the birds and have only seen magpies in my backyard. But low and behold as I was eating breakfast this am, I saw a northern flicker flying up to my roof, followed by the machine gun sound of the flicker hammering on my stovepipe, followed by the "wicka wicka" call. I believe that constitutes a complete identification and a sign of spring in my book.
      • Jackie
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
          Well, everyone, I'm proud to report that I submitted my first 15 minute observation results to the GBBC. I saw a black-billed magpie in my neighbor's yard! REALLY. No kidding. Do you think there are any awards for people who see the least amount of birds during an observation period?

          Jackie Wilson
          Bozeman
          Conducting citizen science one bird at a time.
        • Chuck Carlson
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2014
            Here’s the scoop on the Great Backyard Bird Count.

            I hope a lot of folks will contribute.

            Chuck Carlson