Northeast Bozeman Birds

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      MOB,

      Had a few minutes to kill yesterday while a pair of snow tires were getting studded.

      An American Dipper was seen just downstream of the L Street bridge over the East Gallatin after not finding it at the Tamarack St bridge over Bozeman Creek. A Green-wing Teal drake and several pairs of Mallards were observed in the wetlands west of Glen Lake - near the vehicle turnaround on the trail to the Cherry River Fishing Access Site.

      Very few birds were on Glen Lake (East Gallatin Recreation Area) itself, but I did detect a female Red-breasted Merganser and a couple of American Coots.

      Right now a Brown Creeper is making repeat visits to forage on the ground under my seed feeders.

      Mike Lesnik
      Livingston