Rough-legged Hawk Mystery

  • Barbara Jaquith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      Greetings

          The Rough-legged Hawk Mystery is solved.......well, partially. We went to The Dry Creek Area for about 3 hours this afternoon. All in all, we counted 14 Rough-legged Hawks. We asked one why she was wearing a big purple ribbon. She said, "I won the vole hunting contest at the mid-winter convention for Rough-legged Hawks!". We congratulated her and asked where this convention had taken place. She said, "It's not for humans to know!". So I guess we will never know where they all were between Saturday and Tuesday!

      Barb Jaquith
      Red Lodge