Varied Thrush

  • Sandy Gerber
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 11, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 281 KB
    This guy has been hanging out the last few days.  The picture shows his bad left leg.

    Sandy
  • pegkenjoki
    Message 2 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012
      A Varied Thrush was seen in an apple tree in Absarokee (40C) Dec 3rd and 4th.
    • Roger Hogen
      Message 3 of 17 , Dec 8, 2013
        MOB,
        Today is the third consecutive day that a female Varied Thrush has visited our feeders.
        She is eating seeds, nuts, and berries from a covered tray-feeder placed in heavy cover.
        Tonight she was the last to leave, staying even later than the Song Sparrows.
        Roger and Kathy Hogen
        Missoula, MT

      • rocks2pebbles3
        Message 4 of 17 , Dec 12, 2013

          Sounds exciting! Where do you get your seeds and berries and what kind are they? I'd love to encourage other birds to visit. Are they dried berries? Thanks, Kathy

        • Paul Loehnen
          Message 5 of 17 , Mar 12
            A beautiful FOY Varied Thrush at our feeder today.

            Paul Loehnen,
            Grant Creek,
            Missoula