Juncos finally, Thompson Falls

  • tfallsjim
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      After yesterday morning's dusting of snow (we got 4/10th inch water), I thought yesterday would be "the" day. Today was. Around noon, over a dozen "new" juncos flew over the fence landing on and near the fake pond, some to drink, others chasing their buddies, a few to seed. One, a male Slate-colored (Canadian type), stuck around after bulk of flock went back over fence and out of sight. I suspect last winter's bird, as he was not disturbed by camera noise or movements inside back door. No other "migrant" from the cold front, yet. "Tomorrow's another day!" - Jim, T Falls