Freezout Sunday AM

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23 10:48 AM
      MOB,
      I gave Freezout Lake a good look for Sid's White-fronted Geese this
      morning, but without success. There are some shorebirds still to be
      found: yellowlegs, Pectoral, Stilt Sandpipers, Long-billed Dowitchers a
      couple Black-bellied Plovers plus killdeer and two American Avocets. An
      adult Trumpeter Swan gave a good look on Pond 3. Duck numbers were
      good...but remember that waterfowl hunting starts this coming weekend
      and a number of the roads on the Area will be closed.
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT
    • Michael Schwitters
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
        all,
        Two species to add the the 2013 Freezout Lake bird list this morning...a
        Eurasian Wigeon and three Tundra Swans. Still 3-400 Snow Geese.
        Mike Schwitters
        Choteau MT
      • Michael Schwitters
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2013
          All,
          Good numbers of Snow Geese...Perhaps 35,000.
          Swan count was also good...3,035.
          Ducks, mostly Northern Pintails were still surprising strong, no count
          but several carpets of ducks, particularly on Pond 2.
          Sunrise estimate of vehicles enjoying the flyout was about 60...nice to
          have you here.
          Mike Schwitters
          Choteau MT
        • Carolyn Hopper
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2013
            It was awesome!! A great way to spend my birthday! Soul lifting sights -
            Carolyn
          • Steven Hughes
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013
              Happy Birthday Carolyn!
              I can't imagine a better way to spend a Spring Birthday.

              Robins are playing grab-ass, flickers crying out and a pair of trumpeters flew right over my head at Mayors Landing the other day. Joyous Springtime!
              Steve Hughes
              Livingston

              --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Hopper <cowgirl@...> wrote:

              > It was awesome!! A great way to spend my birthday! Soul lifting sights -
              > Carolyn

            • Michael Schwitters
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 15
                Howdy MOB,
                Started the day with a soft snowfall that ended by 10:00AM.
                I found 2,636 Canada Geese...all feeding in fields east of the Lake.
                The first gull of the year was found far out in Pond 4 and an immature
                bird so species remained an unknown. The same 10 Tundra Swans continued.
                Mike Schwitters
                Choteau MT