strange

  • Carlene Farmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2012
    we have had an interesting chickadee coming to the feeder.  the bird has some kind of growth on its left leg that is very noticeable.  i am guessing it is a fungus but wonder if anyone knows anything about this.  it does not seem to bother the bird who even holds the sunflower seed in that foot while pecking the seed open.

    Carlene Farmer
    Clancy
  • tfallsjim
    Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2012
      Seen similar "stuff" on Evening Grosbeaks and only a couple of House Finches. Grosbeaks were photographed but now on disc somewhere. The size of the growth on chickadee is comparable to the worst I saw on several EVGR (including one that had nearly that amount on both legs) - Jim in Thompson Falls