RFI: Why would Cliff Swallows be attracted to a defunct Osprey nest

  • Stevan Hawkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
    Mobsters:

    This morning instead of being productive, I diverted my efforts to the
    webcams at Glacier National Park
    http://www.nps.gov/glac/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm . It was kind
    surprising to see a bunch of dots around the Osprey nest. Those dots turned
    out to be Cliff Swallows. The caption notes that this year's nest failed.
    Why would Cliff Swallows be attracted to an Osprey nest?

    Thanks!

    Steve

    Stevan Hawkins
    San Antonio TX

    Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
    attachments:

    Osprey cam 07-17-12 934

    sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
    security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
  • Chuck Carlson
    Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
      Flies from nestling Osprey carcasses?

      Chuck Carlson