Re: [MOB-Montana] help please

  • Radd Icenoggle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2012
      There is a chat near Lewis & Clark Cavern at the fishing access about 1 mile from the entrance

      Sent while out and about

      On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:49 PM, "Steve Sherman" <wstevesherman@...> wrote:

      I plan on attending the Birding festival June 8-10 in Kalispell and will be driving from Dillon to their. I would like to see a Yellow-breasted Chat- a lifer for me. Any tips on where I would have a chance to see one would be greatly appreciated.
      Steve Sherman

    • Bob and Mo Rost
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
        Hi Steve:

        They regularly nest on the Bison Range (which you go right past) along the creek leading to the top of Red Sleep Mtn. - the drive over Bison Range.  They nest in the dense brush at roadside but are very stealthy and secretive.  Great bird.

        Good luck.

        Bob Rost - Ronan MT
        (406) 676-4545