Photo uploading

    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2012
      MOB-sters:

      Please remember to include location and date on your uploaded photos. Also, you can check the "Posting photos..." link in the "Files" section for the particulars on uploading, naming and editing the labels on your photos. One last point, I notice that many people are uploading photos that have already been compressed. There is no need to do this. If you submit a large photo, Yahoo will resize it for a thumbnail view, and when people view the photo in your album, they will have the choice of looking at it in various sizes. This is helpful when you are asking for ID assistance, or just would like to allow folks to enjoy your shots at higher resolution.

      Dan Casey
      moderator
    • Judy Fjell
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2012
        Thanks, Dan.
        I posted only for the second time last night and have a couple of things to learn.  I shall.
        Have you seen those turkey-peacock crosses?  There's a flock of them we saw by Cascade on I-15 on Monday.  They're kinda hilarious with their tails fanned like turkeys and their heads like peacocks.
        We looked it up on Google and they do cross.  Funny.
        BTW, you might not remember, but last year I asked you at the Audubon festival about a small sparrow sized bird with a clay colored chest, very cute as birds go.  Neither you nor anyone else knew what I was talking about.  As it turns out, they are female lazuli buntings.  Took quite a while for me to realize that, but they are such beautiful birds, not so flashy as the males, but really dear creatures.
        Judy

        Subscribe to e-news at www.judyfjell.com
        You'll get emails from time to time about gigs, recordings, workshops, etc. . . .
        707 Highland St.
        Helena, MT 59601
        (406)930-1650

        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2012
          It's also good to send a heads up email to the group when you upload pictures, especially rarities.

          Dan

        • wilkinson@wispwest.net
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2012

            I was just about to post a message  with link, but was not done uploading photos yet - you are so fast you beat me to the punch!     I think I also saw an Indigo Bunting, but not positive, as it was just a quick glance.  We DID have one last year at this time though, so would not be too surprised if we have another.

            Lori

          • wilkinson@wispwest.net
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2012

              Is it ok to post pics of birds from last year If I have the correct date on them?

              Lori

            • wilkinson@wispwest.net
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2012
                Judy,   I have some good photos of Female Lazuli's - will try to make time to post later.

                Lori

                > Thanks, Dan.
                > I posted only for the second time last night and have a couple of things
                > to learn. I shall.
                > Have you seen those turkey-peacock crosses? There's a flock of them we
                > saw by Cascade on I-15 on Monday. They're kinda hilarious with their
                > tails fanned like turkeys and their heads like peacocks.
                > We looked it up on Google and they do cross. Funny.
                > BTW, you might not remember, but last year I asked you at the Audubon
                > festival about a small sparrow sized bird with a clay colored chest, very

                > cute as birds go. Neither you nor anyone else knew what I was
                talking
                > about. As it turns out, they are female lazuli buntings. Took quite a
                > while for me to realize that, but they are such beautiful birds, not so
                > flashy as the males, but really dear creatures.
                > Judy
                >
                > Subscribe to e-news at www.judyfjell.com
                > You'll get emails from time to time about gigs, recordings, workshops,
                > etc. . . .
                > 707 Highland St.
                > Helena, MT 59601
                > (406)930-1650
                > judyfjell@...
                >

                > On May 31, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Dan Casey wrote:
                >
                >> MOB-sters:
                >>

                >> Please remember to include location and date on your uploaded photos.
                >> Also, you can check the "Posting photos..." link in the "Files" section
                >> for the particulars on uploading, naming and editing the labels on your
                >> photos. One last point, I notice that many people are uploading photos
                >> that have already been compressed. There is no need to do this. If you
                >> submit a large photo, Yahoo will resize it for a thumbnail view, and
                >> when people view the photo in your album, they will have the choice of
                >> looking at it in various sizes. This is helpful when you are asking for
                >> ID assistance, or just would like to allow folks to enjoy your shots at
                >> higher resolution.
                >>
                >> Dan Casey
                >> moderator

              • Judy Fjell