Re: [MOB-Montana] migration radar

  • John Carlson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2012
      Hi Micha,
      Here is a link that provides a quick primer on using radar for migration. I am sure there are more places on the web as well and if anoyone else has any information, please pass it along  to the group.
      http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionOases/HowNEXRADseestheatmosphere.aspx

      Also, the recently published book How to Be a Better Birder by Derek Lovitch has some great information about radar and bird migration.

      I am still learning about this myself but it certainly appears to be another great tool to aid in our birding adventures.  J

      John Carlson
      Billings, MT
      jccarlson@...
      www.prairieice.blogspot.com
      http://www.pbase.com/mccownii

      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2012
        Thank you very much John. This is interesting and if OK with you I will forward it to the Birding Form in Israel where I come from. I live in Rockville but had a great winter with you guys and the Snowy Owls including few days in Polson with some great photography with Don Jones. Now I want to migrate myself ... to Montana!

        Micha Auerbach
        3 Trail House CT
        Rockville, MD 20850
        USA