Re: [MOB-Montana] migration radar

  • michael auerbach
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2012
      Thanks. This is interesting. How you can see that it is showing birds and not wheather info?

      Micha Auerbach

      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2012
        Hi Micha,
        Here is a link that provides a quick primer on using radar for migration. I am sure there are more places on the web as well and if anoyone else has any information, please pass it along  to the group.
        http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionOases/HowNEXRADseestheatmosphere.aspx

        Also, the recently published book How to Be a Better Birder by Derek Lovitch has some great information about radar and bird migration.

        I am still learning about this myself but it certainly appears to be another great tool to aid in our birding adventures.  J

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2012
          Thank you very much John. This is interesting and if OK with you I will forward it to the Birding Form in Israel where I come from. I live in Rockville but had a great winter with you guys and the Snowy Owls including few days in Polson with some great photography with Don Jones. Now I want to migrate myself ... to Montana!

          Micha Auerbach
          3 Trail House CT
          Rockville, MD 20850
          USA