Northern or Loggerhead Shrike?

  • Sandy Gerber
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2012
    Hello all-

    spotted this guy about 25 ft from my feeders.  Is it a loggerhead?  I'm not quite sure.

    Sandy
  • Arla Eckert
    Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2012
      Re: [MOB-Montana] Northern or Loggerhead Shrike? [2 Attachments] I am thinking Northern because of how much white there is around the eye and on the top of the bill. The back seems to be a light gray not a dark gray. The chest area seems to have some barring on it. The head shape fits the Northern better. Date wise seems more likely a Northern. Arla Eckert Great Falls

      On 3/31/12 4:18 PM, "Sandy Gerber" <uscggirly@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) <#TopText>  from Sandy Gerber included below]

      Hello all-
      spotted this guy about 25 ft from my feeders.  Is it a loggerhead?  I'm not quite sure.

      Sandy

      Attachment(s) from Sandy Gerber

      2 of 2 Photo(s)

    • Radd Icenoggle

        Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks!  I figured but I always like a second...or third...opinion.

          Sandy