Ft. Peck - Harlan's Hawk, Rough-legged Hawk. etc.

  • Chuck Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      Mobsters

      On Wednesday I went to the McCone side of the Missouri just across from Ft. Peck. There were two Bald Eagles sitting on the rockpile and three in a tree. I also found one Rough-legged Hawk and a dark Harlan’s Hawk. There were several hundred Common Mergansers, a hundred or so Canada Geese, some Common Goldeneyes and a lot of Mallards in a side channel of the river. When I drove up to near the powerplants I flushed a Double-crested Cormorant from the river. There was also a flock of 250 Bohemian Waxwings near the Harlan’s. They were very vigilant and not doing much until the Harlan’s left.

      Chuck Carlson
      Ft. Peck