Re: [MOB-Montana] Green-tailed Towhee in Bozeman

  • Arla Eckert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2012
      Wow, it is a hard one to get even in the summer. Arla Eckert Great Falls

      On 1/31/12 7:19 PM, "Nick Hajdukovich" <upupa_epops200@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > Today while hiking beneath the college "M" in Bozeman, I found a single
      > Green-tailed Towhee foraging under some juniper trees. I will post photos
      > shortly if anyone is interested. Not sure how many over-wintering records
      > there are, but this appears to be the first for eBird at least.
      >
      > In other news, on Saturday (1/29) I went birding at Headwaters State Park near
      > Three Forks and was able to track down at least one Canyon Wren at the boat
      > launch near Trident along with a flock of 50+ Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches.
      > Despite getting out quite often in the last couple days, this is all I have to
      > report... Good birding,
      >
      > Nick Hajdukovich
      > Bozeman

    • jparkerll38
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        A Green-tailed Towhee over- wintered in 2006-07, one mile east of Bozeman. The towhee was first seen at the person's feeder 12/28/06, after they had been out of town for several days. The bird was seen in the yard or at the feeder daily till 2/25/07. The towhee then disappeared until a spring snow storm on 4/7/07, when it was at the feeder again for a couple of days.

        John Parker
        Bozeman