Re: Snowy Owls today in Polson/Pablo

  • William McDowell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      Searched for snowy owls this afternoon (Sat. 31 Dec) from Ninepipe NWR north on backroads to Polson.....only saw one (see below). Did not see these email posts about the birds in Polson until I got home (!) However, when we were at Pablo NWR, standing on the dam, a snowy owl flew in from the north, circled the reservoir at about 200-300 ft. elevation then flew back straight north until it was out of sight. Plotting on GoogleEarth it looks like the trajectory of the owl as it flew north was almost directly toward these Polson water towers (only 2 miles away as the owl flies).

      Cheers..........Will