photo contest

  • JohnC
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
      A reminder for all of you that have used your camera to take some bird photos this month - this is the last day to place photos in the photo contest folder. Please remember to include the species, location, and date on the photo. The easiest way I have found to do this is to upload the photo first, then when it is in the folder, click the box next to the folder and then click on the "edit" button above. Then go back and edit the photo and include the information in the description field. Photos that do not have the required information will be removed from the contest (I noticed there is at least one photo already in the folder that does not have the required information so please check to make sure you have done this). Good luck. John
    • John Carlson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2012
        Hello all,
        I would like to remind all of you that the January photo contest will begin on Feb 2. Photos submitted for the contest have to have been taken in Dec. 2011 or Jan. 2012 and must contain the species name, location, and date in the description (just like any photo posted to MOB - Hint Hint!).
        If the photos do not have the required information they will not be entered into the contest. Photos can be placed in the photo file marked January photo contest until about 7 pm on Feb 2. There are currently 7 entries, but only five have the required information. Thanks - John

        John Carlson
        Billings, MT
        jccarlson@...
        www.prairieice.blogspot.com
        http://www.pbase.com/mccownii

        Surfbirds.com - The World Birding Website
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
          Also a reminder, just one photo per person.

        • vireoman2004
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
            Wondering if the "first of year" contest, because it covers two months, might be changed to allow 2 photos per person [either one per each month or 2 of whichever month]? I haven't 2 to submit [this year - out of town in Dec], but thought it might make for an interesting "run" at the "prize", and maybe encourage others; also make it harder to win for what seems (this year at least) to be the best shot ever from Polson area... - Jim, Thompson Falls

            --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Casey" <danielcasey55@...> wrote:

            > Also a reminder, just one photo per person.
            >
            > Dan Casey
            > Somers

          • John Carlson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
              Thanks for the suggestion Jim, but I will be keeping the contest at one entry per person. Another detail that I forgot to add earlier too is that the photos must have been taken in Montana. Good luck everyone. We certainly have lots of entries this time around already.

              John Carlson
              Billings, MT
              jccarlson@...
              www.prairieice.blogspot.com
              http://www.pbase.com/mccownii

              Wondering if the "first of year" contest, because it covers two months, might be changed to allow 2 photos per person [either one per each month or 2 of whichever month]? I haven't 2 to submit [this year - out of town in Dec], but thought it might make for an interesting "run" at the "prize", and maybe encourage others; also make it harder to win for what seems (this year at least) to be the best shot ever from Polson area... - Jim, Thompson Falls

              --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Casey" <danielcasey55@...> wrote:

              > Also a reminder, just one photo per person.
              >
              > Dan Casey
              > Somers

              Surfbirds.com - The World Birding Website
            • Katie LaSalle-Lowery
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
                Ah, curious!  There are several there that I think are strong contenders (and just for the record, I am NOT referring to my own entry) and each time I look a different one appeals more.  My vote is still torn.  Obviously there is one that stands out for you but that standout is a mystery to me as there are several that could qualify.  This is a great batch, for sure!  There are always wonderful photos in the monthly contests, but this is really a great batch.  Congrats to all who captured those wonderful photos!

                Katie LaSalle-Lowery
                Lolo, MT

                On Jan 30, 2012, at 3:03 PM, "vireoman2004" <lbviman@...> wrote:

                Wondering if the "first of year" contest, because it covers two months, might be changed to allow 2 photos per person [either one per each month or 2 of whichever month]? I haven't 2 to submit [this year - out of town in Dec], but thought it might make for an interesting "run" at the "prize", and maybe encourage others; also make it harder to win for what seems (this year at least) to be the best shot ever from Polson area... - Jim, Thompson Falls

                --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Casey" <danielcasey55@...> wrote:

                > Also a reminder, just one photo per person.
                >
                > Dan Casey
                > Somers

              • John Carlson
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2014
                  We currently have a tie in the photo contest. I am going to extend the contest until Monday night (4/7). If you haven't voted yet, please do. Thanks - John

                  John Carlson
                  Billings, MT
                  jccarlson@...
                  www.prairieice.blogspot.com
                  http://www.pbase.com/mccownii
                • kj7c
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7, 2014
                    I tried to re-vote for the March photo contest, but the site where the selections are made refused to open.  Maybe Yahoo is having problems again.

                    Carol Westberg
                    Hobson, MT
                  • kj7c
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 7, 2014
                      Sorry, MOB - The request wasn't to re-vote but to vote if you hadn't already.  My misunderstanding.
                      Carol Westberg
                      Hobson, MT