Bald Eagles

  • Mitch Hurt
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      There is a field a few miles south of Livingston where some elk were shot and cleaned that has over 30 bald eagles feeding on the remains. I couldn't get an accurate count since they were constantly flying back and forth between gut piles and up into nearby cottonwood trees. Lots of ravens, crows and magpies too. Earlier in the day I was fishing on Depuy's Spring Creek and saw 6 Cinnamon Teal.
    • steel_rsd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013
        I saw approx. 9 Bald Eagles, adults and several immature, about 3 miles South of Clyde Park along Hwy 89. Some were in flight and others were perched in Cottonwoods and on fence posts. Judging by the number of Magpies and Ravens, I supect roadkill nearby. While Bald Eagle sightings are more common than not on this stretch of highway, this is the largest concentrated grouping I've seen.