Ft. Peck birds

  • Chuck Carlson
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 6, 2011
      Mobsters

      Our first snowfall of the season occurred last night, along with most of the rest of the state. Common Redpolls arrived several days ago with a single bird in the backyard. A flock of 20 to 25 has been seen near the Dredge Cuts FAS in the past two days.  A female or immature male House Finch has been a regular at the backyard and an adult male shows up occasionally. Seven to 10 Blue Jays arrive every morning for the peanut treats.

      One thing I’ve noticed here this year is that many, if not all, the Eurasian Collared-Doves show the loss of a few to many of the last joint of the toes. These show up as a pink spot at the end of the toe where the claw should be. I had read of this but this is the first time I noticed it.

      Chuck Carlson
      Ft. Peck
    • Sneed Collard
      Message 85 of 85 , May 10 8:22 AM

        Awesome!

        We saw one on the coast of Texas about three weeks ago. I think he was resting up to fly to Fort Peck!

        Sneed Collard
        Missoula

        On May 10, 2016, at 9:18 AM, "Charles Carlson chuckcmt@... [MOB-Montana]" <MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Mobsters
        Two male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks arrived in the yard this morning.
        Chuck Carlson
        Ft.Peck