Another big eagle flight in the Bridgers

  • Steve Hoffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2011
      Good evening MOBsters,

      We had another exciting migrant raptor flight today in the Bridgers (above Bridger Bowl Ski Area) -- our 8-hour observations of migrating raptors, performed by Brian Connelly and John Martineau, yielded the following:

      Golden Eagle - 178
      Sharp-shinned Hawk - 17
      Merlin - 3
      Prairie Falcon - 2
      Rough-legged Hawk - 1
      Red-tailed Hawk - 1
      Unid. Raptor - 1

      Grand Total:  203

      From 3-5 in the afternoon they recorded 123 migrant raptors!

      Our seasonal total now stands at 2,421 migrant raptors!  We plan to observe through November 5th, if the weather holds.

      For the raptors, Steve

      Steve Hoffman, Executive Director

      Montana Audubon

      324 Fuller Avenue, Suite N-5