hummer id #1,#2,#3 help

  • martin bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 6:57 PM
      So my tail pumping black chinned has not come back. but these three do battle all the time at the feeder and then go bother the finches and sparrows at the seed feeders. i am guessing annas, caliope and annas in that order but my ornithological paranoia has now become pathological.
      are these even birds.....?
      pics posted in bitterroot birds right now.
    • Andrew Guttenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7 9:42 PM
        I would say that they are Calliope, Black-chinned, and Calliope, in that order, judging by shape and head pattern.  Female and immature hummingbirds are notoriously hard to identify, so don't worry about not knowing every one!  I am not %100 sure on these, even with photos.

        Andrew Guttenberg
        Bozeman

        To: MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
        From: ammodesign@...