Update on Red-necked Grebes in Bozeman

  • pajaros0422
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011

      Hi Mobsters

      I went to check on my Red-necked Grebelings Sunday and found them doing very well at the Pond on Davis Lane .  They have grown substantially in my absence!  Now, along with the adults, they spread themselves out over the entire pond, not content to ride around on parental backs.  Of course if they did that now, the parents would likely drown!  It's been quite a rewarding experience to watch them from the laying of the egg to the almost grown stage.  I wonder when and where they will go.  I have posted some new images in my "AMRO" album.

      And speaking of nesting birds in Bozeman , does anyone have any information on the Rose-breasted Grosbeak male of Sourdough Trail fame?  I last saw him in early July but have no information on his nesting or not and I was not around to observe his presence or departure.  Please let me know of any sightings and or nesting after July 1.

      Cheers and Great Birding

      Robin

      Robin Wolcott

      Bozeman, MT