  • Stevan Hawkins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011

      Mobsters:

      The May, 2011, edition of the Birding Community E-bulletin arrived this morning.  It covers recent rarities, lead in California Condors, the Federal budget impacts on wildlife conservation, the impact of the March tsunami on the one pair of Short-tailed Albatross on Midway Island, conservation efforts in California and Texas, a review of the new field guide by Richard Crossley, etc.  Such illustrate why I get this free newsletter'  See the two items below for more information about the e-bulletin and how to get it.  I will be glad to forward the May issue to anyone.

      Later!

      Steve

      Stevan Hawkins

      shawkins4@...

      San Antonio TX

      Since May 2004, a monthly electronic news bulletin on birds, birding, and bird conservation has helped to keep bird advocates abreast of important news. The Birding Community E-bulletin is distributed as a service to active birders, those dedicated both to the joys of birding and to the protection of birds and their habitats.

      The E-bulletin, co-edited by Paul Baicich and Wayne Petersen, appears toward the start of each month and is intended to keep friends and associates abreast of important bird, birding, and bird conservation news. Bird and conservation issues are covered where they overlap with current rarities, refuges, other important localities (e.g., IBA and WHSRN sites), current conservation legislation, creative avitourism, the North American bird plans, and migratory bird joint ventures. There's usually something in the E-bulletin for just about everybody.

      This is a free service, sent via e-mail to all those who wish to be included on the mailing list. Currently, the E-bulletin is distributed each month to over 2,300 recipients.

      An archive of previous issues of the monthly E-bulletin can be found on the National Wildlife Refuge Association website: http://www.refugeassociation.org/birding/birding5.html

      You can access past E-bulletins on the National Wildlife Refuge Association (NWRA) website:
      www.refugenet.org/birding/birding5.html

      If you wish to distribute all or parts of any of the monthly Birding Community E-bulletins, we simply request that you mention the source of any material used. (Include a URL for the E-bulletin archives, if possible.)

      If you have any friends or co-workers who want to get onto the monthly E-bulletin mailing list, have them contact either:

                  Wayne R. Petersen, Director
                  Massachusetts Important Bird Areas (IBA) Program
                  Mass Audubon
                  718/259-2178
                   wpetersen@...
                              or
                  Paul J. Baicich
                  410/992-9736
                   paul.baicich@...

      We never lend or sell our E-bulletin recipient list.